Friday 25 June 2010

Time Savers

So, I have a lot of ideas floating through my head - all the time... maybe combine a bit of this with a bit of that. Do I make each and every sweet roll from beginning to end all the way all the time? No. Too time consuming and I don't want to throw too much product away. So, here is an easy way to come up with different flavor combinations, or at least, this is how I do it. I take some bread - usually a white bread roll - something similar to a sweet roll - and I spread it with whatever I'm thinking of. This really only works for possible filling combinations or toppings. Take for example my lunch. Today I had some whole wheat seedy bread - very yummy with soup - but I used it to try some different combinations:



The combination on the bottom is marshmallow fluff with shaved chocolate sprinkles. Looks the yummiest right? The marshmallow fluff could have been better - with real chocolate perhaps and maybe some cinnamon :)


The middle one is cream cheese with forest fruits sprinkles. It was alright tasting, perhaps cream cheese and jam or fresh fruits would be the way to go.
 
The top and far yummiest, in my opinion, is hazelnut and chocolate spread with anise sprinkles. Who would have thought that chocolate-nut spread would go so well with anise? Well, it's good. And that means, I'm going to do something with that combination... in the near future. Anise really reminds me of Halloween so I think I'm going to use that combination around Halloween time for some very special Halloween sweet rolls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment - Greetings from Melissa - the Sweet Roll blogger :)