Tuesday 22 June 2010

I love sweet rolls!

On Monday, June 14, 2010, I announced on my other blog: cUte Kitty pUnk that I would begin a cook book. This cook book is all about sweet rolls. My initial love for sweet rolls is really my love for cinnamon rolls because everything tastes better with cinnamon! I started over a year ago experimenting with different cinnamon roll variations. I tried pumpkin cinnamon rolls and from there I created a unique recipe: zucchini cinnamon rolls. And they were suprisingly good and a real hit with my friends that tried them.



Today I begin the blog - the sweet rolls blog. What I plan to do through this blog is record how I make and come up with different recipes - I will also freely share these recipes with you. And I have a panel of taste-testers ready to share their opinions on the quality of the recipes. Then eventually, over the course of five years, I hope to share sixty unique sweet rolls recipes. Yes - 60 - that's one new recipe a month over the course of 5 years. 



I am like many bakers and home cooks, I find many recipes on the Internet for free. So I give the recipes for free. But I also love cook books. I like being able to flip through the pages and find my favorites so accesible at my fingertips so I will compile the recipes into a book for purchase.



I am really excited about this new challenge for myself. I love to be creative and to create something new. Usually this has been something I've done before - painting or crocheting. Baking is a whole new arena for me in a way - although I've baked many delicious treats over the years, to really come up with something new every month is just so NEW for me. So, of course, it's fun!



I already have many interesting ideas for sweet rolls that rock... now to try them all... I want to begin very soon. One of my all time favorite holidays is right around the corner: 4th of July - America's Independence Day... and I want to make a red, white, and blue sweet roll in honor of it... so I'm putting on my thinking cap for this one - and  I'm thinking blueberries, strawberries, maybe watermelon... perhaps coconut... and all this into one delicious sweet roll... oh yeah baby - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment - Greetings from Melissa - the Sweet Roll blogger :)