Monday 24 January 2011

January's Round-up and Jam Rolls

Sweet Rolls that Rock - mini jam rolls

Brooke McLay at Cheeky Kitchen made Meyer Lemon Sweet Rolls last week. I know they must be good - because I had baked a Lemon variety last year as one of my first posts ever on SWtR. And they were good!

Photo credit: Cheeky Kitchen
Her's look divine with and without the glaze - seriously, check out her blog - it's a must see!!!
~~~~~~~~~

Next up we have srlacy's of The Curvy Carrot with her take on Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls. Those look so tasty!! 


Photo credit: The Curvy Carrot
I know those must have been good, too... because this month I baked my own similar:
mini jam rolls. Okay, this is genius. If you go down the isle in the grocery store with the fruit preserves, jellies and jams... there are like 50 different kinds or more - depending on your grocery store. I say bake your basic dough mix, spread with your favorite jam, top with your favorite frosting - and whalaa! Jam Rolls... and they really do rock!

For mine, I used the Clone of a Cinnabon dough mix - but instead of filling them with cinnamon, I filled them with my favorite raspberry jam. Then I topped them off with the cream cheese glaze also of that recipe. They were very delicious and easy to make.

But instead of having 12 large rolls - as you get with that recipe, I divided the dough into thirds, giving myself 36 mini-  jam rolls. I baked the recipe twice actually, and the first time I had 36 mini cini-clones and the second time 36 mini jam rolls.

This was a great way for packaging them up and sharing them... or for freezing them... and baking them up later.


mini-cini clones :)



Mini jam rolls -baked right in the give away container - ready to give!



Mini cini-clones - eat some - share some ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment - Greetings from Melissa - the Sweet Roll blogger :)